– The grassy area outside St John’s College New Court.
– Blues are students who have represented the University in a Full‐Blue sport in a Varsity match against Oxford.
– The Buttery Dining Room (cafeteria) here at St John’s where breakfast, lunch and dinner are served.
– Acronym for Director of Studies.
– These are parties thrown for students of the College by the St John’s JCR and happen three times a term.
– Fellows are academics of the College.
– Going to Hall means going for a splendid three‐course meal, wearing their gowns, in the College’s Dining Hall. This is available to students every day apart from Saturday, should they wish.
– This stands for the Junior Combination Room and can refer to one of two things. It either refers to the Undergraduate Common Room in Second Court where the TV/Xbox/ping pong is. Alternatively, it
may refer to the St John’s JCR Committee.
– The confusingly named week in June, after exams are finished when all May Balls are held.
– Slang for pigeon‐hole where all students mail goes.
– Slang for the Porters’ Lodge.
– These will be subject dependent and are usually held at the beginning of Lent (second term).
– Students who achieve a First Class result their Tripos exams are invited to be admitted as a Scholar of the College.
– Slang for Supervisions.
– These are student‐organised events where two groups from different Colleges get together and usually go for a meal/drink together.