Tomorrow we will be opening nominations for three positions on the JCR Committee 2017 – Vice President, Access Officer and Secretary. The sign up sheet for nominations will be in the JCR from 3pm, and you will need a proposer and a seconder to support you when you sign up for any of these roles. Nominations will remain open until midnight on Sunday 19th February, and voting will then take place on Tuesday 21st February.
If you think you might be interested in any of these roles then come down to the JCR tomorrow at 3pm to meet the current committee and chat about what the different roles involve. Also if you aren’t interested in any of these roles then come to the JCR anyway for the free pizza…
If you cant make it tomorrow, then don’t worry as there is some brief information about the roles here and you can always email the current officer to ask them for more info.
Vice President (Aryan Sabir – aos27):
- Acting as deputy for the JCR President, and attending college meetings, such as College Council, with or in place of the President.
- Organising Freshers’ week, with the help of the JCR Committee.
- Working with the Ents Officer to organise college ents.
Access Officer (Kiran Joshi – kj322):
- Regular meetings with the Senior Tutor and Admissions Tutor, to provide feedback and ideas for college access schemes.
- Organising/helping to run college access events such as the Shadowing Scheme and Open Days/Offer Holder’s Days.
- Co-ordinating access projects such as the production of an alternative prospectus.
Secretary (Niamh Walsh – nfw23):
- Arranging JCR Committee meetings, and taking minutes during meetings.
- Acting as the JCRs representative at CUSU Council and CUSU meetings, alongside the President.
- Maintaining the JCR noticeboards.